Monday, August 6, 2007

POSTPONED PAUL





A WEEK AGO I WAS ALL SET TO SEND OUT THE BIG mass email. The one I intend to get to everyone in my address book. The email announcing the 1st of my 13 Collaborations. "Tall Paul Gets Cool is written. The photos have been shot and selected. The characters have been finalized. The prices from the printer have been procurred."

The plan was to announce the arrival of the book on August 1. On the 13th we were gonna post the 1st 13 pages of our new book, while also taking an avalanche of book orders. This was a schedule and pace that both Ernie and I were comfortable with. We were confident we'd pull the whole thing off as scheduled.

Then I got the news last week. While on his way to work Monday Ernie was hit by a woman who ran a red light. His car was totalled. And Ernie, while relatively okay compared to the woman who hit him, had his back and knee jacked up.

He feels like shit. And he's got to find a new car, pronto

So Tall Paul Gets Cool has been put off a month or 2. Which means the 1st of my 13 Collaborations will be Gut Check, the anthology of words from and about the residents of New Orleans and the volunteers who showed up at Common Ground in the 9th Ward to help them out.

We're trying to get that one done and to the printer by August 29...the 2-year anniversary of Katrina.

Until then...


No comments: